Update on the 40th Anniversary Reunion:
– Registration and banquet: Please get registered for the event and make your banquet selection soonest. We need everyone attending the banquet identified so we put sufficient wine on the tables. The wine is already paid for through donations. Part of the registration fee covers your picnic cost.
– Hotel: We have filled 87 rooms at the Marriott and I was able to secure 10 more rooms for us. Get the word out that these rooms are not limitless.
– Commemorative Items: Commemorative coins, T-shirts and 1/75 lapel pins are going on advance sale soon. Mike Waldron will need the money up front so he can get those items sent to production. You will be able to pick up your items at the Marriott during the event, or for a small handling and shipping fee Mike will mail them out o/a 1 July. Stand by for displays and ordering instructions.
– Event Itinerary:
• Check into hotel
• Stop by hospitality suite in Marriott for information update, libations, maps, coins, shirts, pins, etc.
• Noon to closing: Informal Ice Breaker at Kevin Barry’s Irish Pub on River Street
• 0800: Breakfast at B Matthews with guest speaker (capacity of 55), a five minute walk from the Marriott.
• 1000: Busses arrive at Marriott to transport visitors to 1/75 HQ
• 1030: Gold Star Memorial for fallen 1/75 Rangers
• 1130: 1/75 hosts a visit to the Battalion that culminates with a picnic lunch (paid for by registration fee)
• 0800: Golf outing at HAAF. Play format TBD
• 0900: First Historic Savannah Trolley Tour. Pick up at Marriott
• 1100: Second Historic Savannah Trolley Tour. Pick up at Marriott
• Free day to tour the Savannah area, bond with old buddies, etc.
• 1800: Banquet at the Marriott.
• Open time for breakfast farewells
More later. RLTW!
Todd M. Currie
719 641 9450
Make a donation to support the event here.